Lean In Career Programme 4.0: Career Comeback
Lean In Malaysia is thrilled to announce the 4th edition of our signature career accelerator, Lean In Career Programme (LICP)!
This year’s theme “Career Comeback” aims to educate, enable and empower women who are on a career break to confidently return to the workforce. The 9-week programme runs from 17 August to 19 October 2019 and is designed to equip participants with the tools, support systems and confidence to pursue their career aspirations once more.
LICP: Career Comeback has three key components — experiential learning workshops, one-on-one mentoring with senior industry leaders and networking opportunities with our partner companies. See last year’s mentors here.
Over the course of the programme, participants will gain professional development strategies, learn how to overcome limiting beliefs, build a support network for themselves and level up their confidence. For further details, see the programme schedule here.
Who Should Apply?
- Are currently on a career break and have been for at least 1 year
- Have a minimum 5 years of professional experience
- Are experiencing obstacles in returning to the workforce
- Demonstrate a commitment to return to the workforce
- Are self-starters and driven to develop themselves professionally and personally
Why You Should Apply
- Achieve the goal you have set for yourself to return to the workforce. 71% of our mentees from LICP 2.0 successfully return to the workforce with the help of the programme
- Receive mentorship through one-on-one sessions to get personalised guidance, exposure and insights from a senior leader who has successfully navigated their own career into leadership positions
- Participate in masterclasses that will equip you with the necessary tools and practise to confidently step out of your comfort zone and effectively regain entry to the workforce
- Expand your networks through our networking sessions and other touch points throughout the programme with Lean In Malaysia (LIM)’s employer partners and supporting companies, senior leaders from various companies, alumni of previous LICPs, volunteers and the leadership team of LIM
- Be part of a network of women and men who come from various industries that will form an invaluable support system to your professional and personal life
Application deadline (extended): 11.59pm, 15 July 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be accepted on a rolling basis. Do apply early to avoid disappointment in the event we fill all spaces ahead of the deadline.
Programme fee: RM300 (flat fee for all). This fee, subsidised by Lean In Malaysia will allow us to partially cover the costs over the duration of 9 weeks.
LICP Alumni Testimonials
The LICP gave me the opportunity to try new possibilities. I learned the importance of leaning in and how to manage a work-life balance through equitable partnership at home. I also secured my first corporate consultancy within a month of starting the program. LICP brings together professionals and business leaders from various fields, including some big corporate names in Malaysia. The exposure one gets through the platform is unparalleled.
Aysha Shujaat, LICP 2016 Alumni
I wear multiple hats as a career woman, a mom, a wife, a daughter and daughter-in-law. LICP has helped me to understand women’s struggles at work and gave me more confidence and tools to lead my team and handle biases at work. I lead 3 strategic planners and in this journey, I empower them to achieve set milestones and they have become top performers in a year and ready to lead bigger projects and one of them has progressed to a senior post. This program definitely adds value not only to your career but also provides lifelong relationships with mentors.
Jess Lew, LICP 2016 Alumni
Equipped with the right skills and tools gained from my mentor and LICP, I am now able to manoeuvre and figure out what is best for my professional development. LICP was also the catalyst to act upon what I’ve always been passionate about which is giving back to society. After the programme, I set up MY Women Legal Counsel Association, a platform for in-house lawyers to assist and empower other women in the same line to advance their careers and achieve greater fulfilment professionally and individually.
Fazlin Azrimi, LICP 2016 Alumni