Lean In Career Programme 3.0: Leadership Edition
Lean In Malaysia is excited to launch the third instalment of our signature career accelerator, Lean In Career Programme (LICP) 3.0. This year, we are introducing the Leadership Edition, starting 25 August 2018 till 27 October 2018. The 9-week programme aims to Educate, Enable and Empower female middle-managers by equipping them with the tools, support systems, and confidence to overcome challenges, attain relevant skills and thrive in their leadership journey.
The programme has three key components – experiential learning workshops, one-on-one mentoring with industry leaders and networking opportunities with our partner companies. Over the course of the programme, the participants will get the opportunity to align their career goals and aspirations, learn how to deal with roadblocks they encounter at the workplace, build a support network for themselves, and gain leadership strategies. For further details of the programme, see the schedule here
Who Should Apply?
Have between 2-5 years of experience either managing direct reports within their own team OR managing other teams across their organisation (an ideal candidate would have minimum 5-7 years of work experience)
- Are self-starters, and are looking to position themselves for a promotion or take on greater professional responsibilities within or outside their organisation
- Are experiencing obstacles or challenges in their career path that they would like to overcome
- Are looking for leadership strategies to advance professionally
Why You Should Apply
- Receive mentorship through one-on-one sessions to get personalised guidance, exposure and insights from a senior leader in corporate Malaysia who has successfully navigated their own career into leadership positions
- Participate in masterclasses that will equip you with the necessary tools to confidently step out of your comfort zone and effectively step into the next level of your leadership journey
- Expand your networks through our networking sessions and other touch points throughout the programme with LIM’s employer partners, senior leaders from various corporations, alumni of previous LICPs, volunteers and leadership team of LIM
- Be part of a network of women and men who come from various industries that will form an invaluable support system to your professional and personal life
- Achieve goals you have set for yourself. Alumni of LICP have launched their own startups, gained promotions, returned to the workforce after a career break, and so much more since participating in LICP
Application deadline: 11.59pm, 18 July 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be accepted on a rolling basis. Do apply early to avoid disappointment in the event we fill all spaces ahead of the deadline.
Programme fee: RM500 (Apply by 4th July to enjoy the early bird fee of RM400). This fee, subsidised by Lean In Malaysia will allow us to partially cover the costs over the duration of 9 weeks.
LICP Alumni Testimonials
The LICP gave me the opportunity to try new possibilities. I learned the importance of leaning in and how to manage a work-life balance through equitable partnership at home. I also secured my first corporate consultancy within a month of starting the program. LICP brings together professionals and business leaders from various fields, including some big corporate names in Malaysia. The exposure one gets through the platform is unparalleled.
Aysha Shujaat, LICP 2016 Alumni
I wear multiple hats as a career woman, a mom, a wife, a daughter and daughter-in-law. LICP has helped me to understand women’s struggles at work and gave me more confidence and tools to lead my team and handle biases at work. I lead 3 strategic planners and in this journey, I empower them to achieve set milestones and they have become top performers in a year and ready to lead bigger projects and one of them has progressed to a senior post. This program definitely adds value not only to your career but also provides lifelong relationships with mentors.
Jess Lew, LICP 2016 Alumni
Equipped with the right skills and tools gained from my mentor and LICP, I am now able to manoeuvre and figure out what is best for my professional development. LICP was also the catalyst to act upon what I’ve always been passionate about which is giving back to society. After the programme, I set up MY Women Legal Counsel Association, a platform for in-house lawyers to assist and empower other women in the same line to advance their careers and achieve greater fulfilment professionally and individually.
Fazlin Azrimi, LICP 2016 Alumni